<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Friday, August 29, 2003

Food issues have been off for a little while. I'm working hard, there's a lot to do at home and so my mind hasn't been properly engaged when I've cooked. Nothing worth writing up, anyway. Let's see...I made the kids a halfway decent stir-fry the other night. Used up some left-over roast chicken, left-over ground beef, peas, onion and, of course, left over rice. Make it taste decent with soy sauce, garlic, touch of vinegar and the secret ingredient that I just got at Trader Joe's - pureed crystallized ginger.

We had a freezer issue the other day as well. One of the girls left the freezer door open by acident and we lost some meat and a LOT of seafood. Other things made it through but wioth cosmetic issues. I cooked one of these - wild mushroom ravioli - with a nice caramelized onion, basil and tomato sauce and peas and a fresh tomato and red and yellow pepper salad on the side. The sald was really good - those fresh from the farm organic vegetables really make a difference!
Comments: Post a Comment