<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Monday, September 22, 2003

Yet another 100 degree day. Yet another 95 degree night. So Jan asked if there was some kind of cool fruit dessert on a tart I could make. Since we don't have anything like a tart lying around (OK - get your jokes in now) and I was certainly not going to turn the oven on, I made something up.

Blackberry-Lime sherbert with mascarpone and shortbread



I dug about a half pound of frozen blackberries out of the freezer, blended them with two tablespoons of lime juice, two tablespoons of sugar and a tablespoon of rum. Split it into two small bowls. Then I dropped on a teaspoon of mascarpone and a shortbread biscuit. That's it!

We are marginally cooler now - maybe 93 degrees...
Comments: Post a Comment