<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Sunday, November 09, 2003

Too full, slow day 
Glub. We ate too much yesterday. Today was a quiet day. Grace wrote or dictated 5000 words. I wrote about 300. (Well, so far). We ate leftovers - lots of leftovers. Cleaned the house, wrote, did odd jobs and so forth.

I did make one new thing. We skipped lunch and about 4 o'clock everyone was hungry, so I made smoked trout pate sandwiches with apple slices.

Smoked Trout and Apple sandwiches


I opened two tins of smoked trout. Available from the endlessly useful Trader Joe's. I mashed them up in a bowl with about two thirds of a cup of cream cheese. I ground in some coarse black pepper. I sliced a nice rustic italian loaf of bread. I sliced a fresh, crisp, organic fuji apple. I made open face sandwiches with the bread, a couple of spoonfuls of smoked trout pate and a few slices of apple. MUCH, much better than it sounds - and it sounds good!
Comments: Post a Comment