<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Thursday, April 08, 2004

Americas Best Home Cook Contest 
This was too good to pass up - even if I am handicapping myself a lot. Today, while browsing around I found this: Americas Best Home Cook Contest.

By now you may have gotten to know me a little. The fact that I read this at 8PM PST on April 8th in no way put me off even though the deadline is 11:59 PM EST on April 9th. By 10PM I had ingredients. As I write this at 11:30 I have finished prep work on the first test of my entry. I will have something to try in about an hour. Then tomorrow, I'll do it again with a few refinements and try to get my entry in by the deadline...

So what am I making? Probably pan-friend chateaubriand, shallots and mushrooms cooked with rosemary garlic butter accompanied by a cilantro garlic sauce. But I reserve the right to change things around slightly. Or a lot.
Comments: Post a Comment