<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Sunday, April 18, 2004

Is My Blog Burning? 
This is the first time I've done this. But here goes. I would have written about Jan's famous lemon cake but I've already written about that TWICE. Instead, I'm writing about a cake that my sister first made for us and which Jan and I both love. It is a Raspberry Cinnamon Torte. Here's the recipe.

Raspberry Cinnamon Torte


Preheat oven to 360 degrees.

You'll need
6oz butter
6oz self-raising flour (they don't sell this in the US - instead use plain flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder)
6oz ground almonds
6oz granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk
2 pints of fresh raspberries.

Blend all the ingredients together except for the raspberries in a food processor until it starts clumping together.

Line the bottom of a 9 inch flan or tart tin with a circle of baking parchment and butter the edges of the tin. Spread half the mixture over the bottom of the tin and a little bit up the sides. Place the raspberries in a single layer across the bottom of the tin and spread the rest of the mixture on top. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes and check to see if it is turning brown after 40 minutes. If it is, cover with some foil.

That's it. No photos alas.

This is a surprisingly good cake and surprisingly easy. Give it a try sometime! It works well for brunch and for a dinner party - you can decorate it with designs made out of icing sugar, etc. In contrast with many of the other 'Is My Blog Burning?' cake entries, this is also a very simple cake. Novices should have no trouble and it is very straightforward and easy to make.
Comments: Post a Comment