<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Organic boxes are CHEAPER... 
...not just than buying the same veggies at a grocery store but than buying the non-organic equivalent at a grocery store!

So you have absolutely no excuse whatsoever if you actually do cook your own food.

I know some singles say they can't eat it all - mostly what they really mean is that they don't cook at home often enough to use the veggies, but I know many singles who share with a friend. And yes, it can be a stretch to use all of something you get a LOT of and don't like that much. But it STILL works out cheaper.

And all of the above ignores the incontrovertible fact that CSA vegetable boxes provide fresher, higher-quality produce than you will ever get from a store. I have NEVER EVER eaten better strawberries or tomatoes than I get every Spring and Summer from Terra Firma - and that includes homegrown - they are professionals after all.

So, from now on I don't want to hear excuses. Admit you can't or won't for no good reason or sign up. Check with The CSA Center to find one near you.
Comments: Post a Comment