<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Thursday, April 14, 2005

Anticipation... 
I am looking forward to this evening. I got up at 6:30, pulled a butterflied leg of lamb out of the fridge, carefully patted it dry with a paper towel and rubbed it with garlic, salt, cajun spices and smoked paprika. Then I browned it on the stove on low while I made the kids' breakfasts and lunches (melon, scrambled eggs and toast for one and sausage, pear chutney and arugula sandwiches for the other). Then I removed it to the crockpot, rapidly softened three green garlics and a leek in the leftover oil, threw in half a cup of sherry to deglaze the pot and added all that to the crockpot. Then I stirred three tablespoons of thick tomato paste into the crockpot, set it on low and left. In 7 more hours I anticipate a very nice supper...
Comments: Post a Comment