<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Friday, April 01, 2005

Paper Chef #5 Begins! 
For April, 2005, the final ingredients are:

1)Goat cheese - chevre, or really, any cheese made of goats milk that you like.
2)Sherry vinegar - OK, here I will allow substitutions of other very high-quality vinegars if you have trouble getting sherry vinegar.
3)Prosciutto - this should be easier, but if you are stuck in some blighted corner of the world then you can substitute the absolute best quality smoked product you can find (that gives you an alternative if you don't eat meat!)
4)And the topical/seasonal ingredient? I have been reading about green garlic everywhere - food blogs left and right and even the newspaper. Plus I have about ten stalks to use up from my CSA delivery from Terra Firma. I realize that in some parts of the world it isn't Spring, so this may not be possible. In that case you may substitute either spring onions (the onion equivalent of green garlic) or regular garlic.

Sorry for all the dessert lovers. I was pulling for a sweeter option but it was not to be.

Our judge this time around is Fatimeh of Gastronomie (winner last month).

Start as soon as you read this - and email a link to your entry about what you cooked before Monday Noon PST. Spectacular whining, preferably with stupendously creative excuses left in the comments area, may get you an extended deadline.

Winner gets to put up the prestigious Paper Chef Winner icon (which will be supplied) and also gets to judge next month (if they want).

Have fun! I'm off to find some sherry vinegar...
Comments: Post a Comment