<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Thursday, April 28, 2005

Still no food posts... 
It's been quite a while since I wrote up a recipe. Partly that is because I've started a new job. Partly it's been because THE book (see picture on the left) is still hanging fire at the printers. Basically when they entice you to get your book printed with them they neglect to mention that they charge a LOT extra to take credit cards and they take 7-9 business days to process regular checks. And they won't ship to you until you have paid in full AND they take their own sweet time about sending you the final invoice. So really there is almost another four week delay added in to the time they tell you it will take. Plus they took two weeks longer anyway!

So, although I have been cooking, it has been pretty standard stuff - the kind of thing I have written about before. I have lots of left over things to write about but I have to have time to dig out the pictures and rebuild my memory of the event and do on.

The big news is that I have a launch date for the book. May 21st at 11:30 to 2:00 or later at the Berkeley Farmers Market in conjunction with their strawberry tasting event. And May 22nd at 4PM at the Lafayette Book Store on Mt. Diablo Boulevard in Lafayette. There will be refreshments of some kind and everyone in invited to come and bring friends. Four of the authors will be there (me, Dr. Biggles, Stephanie and Ellen. It should be fun!
Comments: Post a Comment