<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Launch: Day Two - The Lafayette Bookstore 
That was a really nice launch. Even hotter than yesterday and it was pretty hot in the store. Maybe hot tea was a mistake. The other local authors, Stephanie, Ellen and Guy all showed up early and Dave, the store owner got a space set out with chairs. Once enough people arrived we got started and I'm afraid I rambled on rather too much. I served some cheese bite things I made and made some real English Tea, which was perhaps a mistake. The readings and discussion about how everyone came to blog went really well and we sold a fair number of books and lots of people wanted signatures. I was so busy with the event that I actually forgot to take pictures, so I really hope the others took some!

It was another great event and we really did have a good and interested crowd. Dave was fantastic as always - he's a great bookseller and the Lafayette Bookstore is a great place to buy books from. There are over 200 book clubs that run out of the store!

I did get lots of confirmation that the book is really worthwhile. People liked the readings. People liked the idea. So, if you haven't bought a copy already get to it! Click on the book cover to the top left.

There will be more events and activities coming up. Stay tuned!
Comments: Post a Comment