<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Thursday, February 01, 2007

While we wait, a Paper Chef Recap 
While the nominations are starting to come in I felt I should keep the potential participants informed and entertained, so I'm going to run a brief recap of Paper Chef through the past ages.

The initial announcement, back in November 2004, was a little sparse compared to the current rules. And our very first winner was Viv of Seattle Bon Vivant for a Curried Chicken And Squash Soup With Meyer Lemon & Ginger.

The second winner was the incredibly popular Domestic Goddess with Lemon Chicken Rolls (with citrus dipping sauce) (required ingredients were potatoes, savoy cabbage, chicken and lemon). This event was notable for a serious entry (from my brother) cooked in a microwave.

And the third? This was for wheat flour, cinnamon, crème fraîche and oranges - and the winner was Sam of Becks'n'Posh for Potted Wensleydale Cheese with Mulled Port Wine Jelly and Home-baked Digestive biscuits.

I'll cover some more past winners etc. as the week progresses. For now, the ingredient nomination list is up to: peas, olives, feta, ice, dates, chickpeas, prunes, coffee and bay leaves. Please nominate more in comments (two per person at most please).
Comments:
Just discovered the Paper Chef event. I nominate cucumber and couscous.
 
Post a Comment