<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Monday, August 27, 2007

Call for Ingredients - Paper Chef 25 
Come now people! This is not good enough. So far we only have eight ingredients nominated for Paper Chef. Admittedly, they are very high quality ingredients - just the kind a Paper Chef would use - eccentric, interesting, bursting with flavor. But really, I can't in good conscience pick three from eight! I barely need a true atmospheric random number generator for that!

So far we have: Chile peppers, zucchini (courgettes), crawfish (crayfish), scallions (spring onions), cocoa nibs, italian prune plums, saffron and blueberries.

So, please leave some nominations (two per person please) in the comments or email them to me.

In the meantime, here are some more past Paper Chef events and winners to entertain you...

Paper Chef #6: Ricotta, strawberries, almond paste and white chocolate.
The winner was Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote with Ricotta-White Chocolate Gelato and Scented Madeleines.

Paper Chef #7: Buttermilk, Dates, Honey and Eggs.
The winner was Feta Souffle with Walnuts, Dates and Feisty Greens.

Paper Chef#8: Cheddar cheese, olives, spinach and either potatoes OR cream, not both.
The winner was Warm Spinach, Cremini, and Kalamata Salad with Creamy White Cheddar Dressing.

Paper Chef #9: Chilli, Peach, Flowers and Something Local.
The winner was a Stuffed Pork Loin.

Paper Chef #10: New Orleans version with beer, tomato, sausage and shrimp.
The winner was Stephen's Beer-Boiled Shrimp Po' Boy.
Comments:
OK, I know I'm supposed to suggest only one but you can choose the one you like the best!
Olives, chicken, cardamom
 
Ilva - I relaxed the rule to get us kickstarted for the next round - I said 2, but I'm just going to go ahead and add all 3 of yours...
 
Peaches! (they're in season here)
Rosemary.
 
I'd like to nominate 5-spice and 'skin'
 
Basil and blueberries
 
Smoked swordfish and cod roe :)
 
aubergine (egg plant)
 
woo-hoo! now we're talking!
 
Post a Comment