<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Digital Dish copyright 2005 Press For Change Publishing LLC
Digital Dish is the first ever compilation of the best writing from food blogs. Find out more at Press For Change and place an order!

 

Enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner



The Meatrix I'm not a vegetarian but I dislike factory farming and I support small, family farms.

 

Tomatilla! Feed


Monday, September 24, 2007

Lots of parties 
I know that I am holding fire on announcing a Paper Chef winner - especially since the next one is due to kick off pretty shortly! So that'll come later today.

In the meantime I just need to record a few notes about things I have cooked recently so they don't slip my brain entirely. We hosted a few parties lately and I actually got to make some new things that came out well. So, in no particular order, with recipes to follow later:

mushroom and onion puff pastry tartlets
pork tenderloin stuffed with sundried tomatoes and goat cheese in a red wine sauce
roasted root vegetables
basic bruschetta
red wine and paprika marinated chicken
polenta slices with heirloom tomatoes
A twist on kir
Fresh heirloom tomato and garlic sauce for pasta

there was probably more but that is all I remember.
Comments:
Thank goodness for cooler weather. I love roasted root veg and pork loin roast! Yum.....can't wait to start cooking again after being away for a week and a half!
 
Hi, me again (using my first name this time). Since I notice a lot of your co-bloggers live in my neck of the woods, I thought I'd post a little note here: If anyone in the Portland, OR area wants free quinces, my tree is exploding. I can't make paste and jelly fast enough, and have taken to simply draping them all over the house as nature's air fresheners. I have about 30 pounds in my kitchen, and more on the tree. Contact me at my blog.

Owen, I am waiting with bated breath for the next Paper Chef! Hope autumn is treating you well.
 
Post a Comment